Thursday, May 3, 2012

What Have You Done to Him?!!!?

This is what I was asked by a teacher at my son's daycare. My four year old son, Lei, had been cranky, moody and generally unpleasant for the past year to people who were not related to him...and on more than a few occasions to those of us who are. *giggle*

Every day that I would drop Lei off at daycare, he'd scream and cry and cling to me and throw a general fit. I'd pry him off me, kiss him someplace and tell him that I'd be back in the afternoon for him. I'd relate it to a part of the day that he could understand. 'I'll be back right after snack time,' or 'I'll pick you up during naptime.' Nothing helped!!! He still behaved like a little monster when I dropped him off. To boot, outside of throwing fits, he really didn't talk very much. He spoke very well when he did speak. It was simply a rare occurance.

Well, after I began using the Thyme oil (4 drops on his feet at bedtime), he began sleeping better. Then one day, seemingly out of the blue, I dropped Lei off at school and he said, 'Bye Mom,' and kissed me on the cheek. I noticed, a little.

A few weeks later, the teacher that I pick him up from after his classroom closes very enthusiastically asked me, 'What did you give him?'

'What do you mean?' I asked her.

'We were sitting outside and he came and sat beside me and started talkin' to me. He laid his head on my leg and everything. What did you do to him?' she asked again.

I laughed, then replied, 'He's always like this with me.' Then I shrugged and said, 'Maybe it's the Thyme oil or maybe it's that he hasn't had an allergy flare up this spring and he's feeling a lot better. He's been sick for the last 2 springs, you know.'

I'm not sure how but somewhere betweeen the Thyme, Lavendar, Trauma Life and Peppermint oil, the McMonster is gone and Lei has returned. YAY!!! *giggle*

No comments: