Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Little Joy For Springtime

5 years ago, I was attending a holistic fair when I smelled this FABULOUS fragrance. I followed my nose to this tiny booth manned by two wonderful ladies. One was a colon hydrotherapist and the other was the Lady of the Oils (she's what smelled so good!!!). So, I told her how DELICIOUS she smelled and we chatted a bit about essential oils. When she gave me her card, I discovered that, though we were an hour away from home in some part of MO, we lived in the same small IL town maybe 7 minutes from each other. Talk about a small world and synchoronicities.

Well, I scheduled a meeting with her because I wanted to know more about these oils. At this point, all I cared about was that she smelled SO good and I was fascinated by anything related to natural healing. Lillian was 1, Lucas was about 10 months and little did I know, I was baking a Lei.

On the day I was schedule to meet with Cristina, I'd worked a LONG day at a job that I really didn't want because I wanted to be at home with my minis and only my fear of disappointing people made me keep the appointment. I arrived at home maybe 10 minutes before our meeting time. I was exhausted. I was frustrated. Most importantly, I was HUNGRY!!! This is important because when I got hungry, I became ... GRUMPY.

When Cristina arrived, I put on my good hostess face and smelled all of these oils she was passing to me. I do not remember a word she said. All I remember is one of the oils she passed me, I held on to. It smelled sooooo good. I sniffed and sniffed and sniffed until I finally had to give it back to her because she was leaving. Before she left, she gave me a tiny vial with a sample of the oil in it. I thanked her, walked her to the door and then sat on the floor and played with the minis while I waited patiently for dinner to get ready.

I was AMAZED by how I felt. Over the next few weeks, I used that tiny vial of Joy and noticed a depression that I'd rationalized away lift. In hindsight, I realized that the hypoglycemic symptoms of becoming a fire-breathing dragon lady were related to the depression because, from the first time I smelled it that evening in my livingroom with Cristina, I have NOT had an experience where I became grumpy when I'm hungry.

Happy Mental Health Month!!!

No comments: