Monday, March 4, 2013

Oil of the Week: Joy

This week's oil of the week is near & dear to my heart. This is the oil that changed my life & started my oiling journey almost 6 years ago. I was wandering around a holistic expo when I came across this amazing smell. I followed it to a booth. Turns out I'd been following a woman who was wearing essential oils. She smelled soooooooooo good. We chatted for a few moments, then scheduled an appointment for her to come over & share the oils with me. Turns out she lived 7 minutes from my house.

So, she came over with this massive bag of oils on the worst day ever. I had hypoglycemia so when I got hungry, I became a monster. Also, stress made things worse and boy was I stressed. Not only did I hate my job but my finances and my marriage were a mess & she came just as I was returning from work, hungry, to a messy house and dinner wasn't ready either.

Being the people-pleaser that I was at that time, I put on a smile and did my best to be a good hostess. She handed me oil after oil to smell and I half listened to her spiel. Then, she handed me something that I liked cause I didn't give it back right away. I kept sniffing the other stuff she handed me but I sniffed this oil in between. she noticed that I wad holding onto this one oil and she gave me a sample vial of it along with her contact info and she left.

Obviously that oil was Joy. Here's the miracle: I sat on the floor & played with my babies while I waited patiently for my husband to finish making dinner.

What I later learned was that I'd been depressed (well, I kinda knew that but not to what extent) and that day in my livingroom with that oil that I kept sniffing, the depression that I'd nursed for 6+ years started to lift. Thus began my love affair with the oils.

If you think you may be experiencing depression, try Joy. It is known as the #1 oil for depression. It changed my life.

No comments: