Monday, August 26, 2013

Oil of the Week - Peppermint

I can't believe I haven't blogged about peppermint before. Peppermint is an everyday oil in our house. *giggle* It's also one of the oils included in our Everyday Oils Collection. My youngest son, Lei & I have allergies and daily we use a combination of lavender & peppermint oil in order to manage those allergies and remain symptom free. I put lavender on our faces before we go into a situation where we may encounter an environmental allergen. We put a drop of peppermint oil in the palm of our hands and sniff. Using this oils protocol, we've been allergy drug free since 2010. You can read all about that in this post.

 More uses for peppermint oil include:
  • respiratory infections
  • cold sores
  • fungal infection/candida
  • digestive problems
  • headaches
  • nausea
  • skin conditions (itchy skin, vericose veins, eczema, psoriasis, hives)
Mamas, my absolute favorite use of peppermint oil with minis is to bring down a fever. Friday night, my oldest son had a fever. I don't know how high because we're currently without a thermometer but he had a headache so that means it was 102 or higher. I put 5 drops of peppermint oil on the bottom of his feet and within an hour, his fever had gone down. His head didn't hurt. He was sleeping soundly and his skin was no longer hot to the touch. You must have peppermint oil in your medicine cabinet.

No comments: